Welcome to the IBQC
A pre-eminent International Centre of Excellence in terms of the identification of building regulatory systems and regimes that are international exemplars.
Latest News: ICC Pulse Podcast Episode 42: International Building Quality Centre (IBQC) Guidelines for Developing Countries
In the final episode of Season 3 of the ICC Pulse Podcast, Judy Zakreski, Code Council Vice President of Global Services talks with Professor Kim Lovegrove and Professor Alfred Omenya on the newly-released Good Practice Guidelines and Principles for the Development of Building Regulations in Low Income Countries.The Guidelines were developed by the IBQC as a follow up to the more general IBQC Principles for Good Practice Building Regulation, published in September 2020.
Professor Lovegrove is Chair of the IBQC, an adjunct professor at the University of Canberra, a senior international consultant to the World Bank, and a senior construction lawyer with Lovegrove and Cotton Lawyers, based in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia. Professor Omenya is an IBQC Board Member, a practicing architect and expert in sustainable human settlements, and principal researcher and CEO at Eco-Build Africa, a leading consultancy on sustainable urban development for developing countries.Links to topics referenced in this episode:
- IBQC Publication: Good Practice Guidelines and Principles for the Development of Building Regulations in Low Income Countries
- September 2020 IBQC Publication: IBQC Principles for Good Practice Building Regulation
- International Building Quality Centre
- Alred's favourite building: Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water House in Pennsylvania, USA
- University of Canberra
- Eco-Build Africa
- This episode is sponsored by the American Concrete Institute